DO NOT DISTRIBUTE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, CANADA, AUSTRALIA OR JAPAN.
Cnova to the intention of increase his capital at funds accelerated growth
Cnova (Cdiscount holding company) accelerates the development of his to success e-commerce Platform and aims for global expansion of his compatible with technology B2B solutions for marketplaces powered by its subsidiary Octopia.
- Cnova SA is a European leader tech player with his e-commerce Platform Cdiscount and his global innovative tech-enefficient marketplace ecosystem with Octopia
- Cnova has already achieved € 4.2bn in GMV (Gross Merchandise Volume), € 2.2bn in sales and EBITDA of € 133m (+ 62.5% growth and reaching 6.0% of sales business) in 2020
- Encouraged by a good start to the year with its growing market, digital marketing and technology-based B2B services, Cnova expects EBITDA of 160 million euros this year, an increase of over 20% from compared to 2020 and around 100% compared to 2019
- Benefit further his unique digital assets, Cnova offers via full Octopia B2B market solutions, to opening global growth potential
- By 2025, the company aims to achieve a total GMV above 12 billion euros, powered by Octopia and by continuously growing market activity
- Cnova is aiming for a placement around 300 million euros new actions finance his accelerated growth and a potential secondary offer more at further increase his free float by the end of the year, subject to market conditions
AMSTERDAM – June 1, 2021, 8:30 am CET Cnova NV (Euronext Paris: CNV; ISIN: NL0010949392) (“Cnova”) today announced its intention to increase its capital to fund its prospects for accelerated growth.
During the last years, on the back of sustained growth of the e-commerce sales channel, Cnova achieved significant growth and an increase in its margin, demonstrating the strength of its positioning as Champion of France and European leader in e-commerce.
- In 2020, Cnova achieved 4.2 billion euros in GMV, 2.2 billion euros in revenue and an EBITDA of 133 million euros (up 62.5% and reaching 6. 0% of net sales), with strong growth and improved profitability continuing into 2021 year over year. Dated.
- Ma marketplace with its strong digital marketing capabilities has been at the heart of this profitable growth, with its GMV up 22%, and representing 44% of the total GMV. The number of traders increased by 15% to 13,000 and the assortment by 33% to 100 million products.
Cnova has a clear ambition to become a leading global end-to-end player, retailer and technology solutions provider across the ecommerce market ecosystem. Building on the strategic assets built over the past 10 years, including market capabilities, digital marketing expertise, differentiated logistics and technological know-how, Cnova now also provides through Octopia a complete market solution, comprising a technology platform, a merchant and product base and fulfillment capabilities and to present both online retailers and merchants with a winning proposition. Octopia will unlock significant growth potential and improve the group’s profitability.
As of March 31, 2021, Cnova’s marketplace represented 46% of GMV and Octopia recorded + 86% year-on-year growth in the first quarter., with 518 client websites across Europe. In particular, Octopia signed a contract with a leading retailer client in EMEA during this period and launched its first marketplace in April 2021.
Cnova get ready accelerate rapidly growing by taking advantage of the strong momentum both on its market and its technological B2B services platform Octopia.
The company targets 2021 EBITDA of € 160m this year, a 20% + increase over 2020, and an increase of around 100% over 2019. By 2025, the company targets a higher total GMV at € 12 billion, fueled by Octopia and by the continuously growing market activity.
To finance his accelerated growth, Cnova plans to launch a private placement of around € 300m by the end of the year, subject to market conditions. The profits will finance the Group’s international deployment and strengthen its technological leadership.
In addition, some existing Cnova shareholders may decide to sell part of their shares to further increase the free float. The Casino Group intends to remain the majority shareholder of the company.
“Leveraging our solid foundation as a premier ecommerce platform, our clear ambition is to become the world’s leading marketplace ecosystem. The rise of Octopia is accelerating and is promising. The capital increase we are considering will provide Cnova with the full capacity to carry out our mission and develop a decentralized network of independent marketplaces powered by Cnova’s know-how and unique existing assets.“, said Emmanuel Grenier, CEO of Cnova.
Cnova will host an analyst presentation on June 7, 2021 at 8:30 a.m. CET.
About Cnova NV
Cnova SA is a leading European e-commerce platform with 4.2 billion euros of GMV, 2.2 billion euros of turnover and an EBITDA of 133 million euros (6.0% net sales) in 2020.
It serves 10.5 million active customers through its state-of-the-art website, Cdiscount. With its marketplace at the heart of its business model, it offers a winning proposition to consumers and merchants.
Its B2B technology Platform Octopia offers unique market technology solutions to websites around the world.
Cnova NV is part of the Casino Group, a diversified global distributor, and is listed on Euronext Paris (ticker: CNV).
Certain information contained in this press release is not historical data but is forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on estimates, forecasts and assumptions, including, but not limited to, assumptions regarding Cnova’s current and future strategy and the economic environment in which Cnova operates. They involve risks, uncertainties and other known and unknown factors, which may cause Cnova’s actual performance and results, or the results of its industry, to differ materially from those expressed or implied in these forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements and information are not guarantees of future performance.
These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this press release and Cnova expressly disclaims any obligation or commitment to publish any update or revision of the forward-looking statements included in this press release to reflect changes in assumptions, ‘events, conditions, or circumstances on which forward-looking statements are based. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are made for informational purposes only.
This press release contains summary information only and does not claim to be complete. No warranty is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information or opinions contained in this press release.
Distribution of this document may be restricted by law in certain jurisdictions. Persons in possession of this document are required to inform themselves and observe these restrictions. This press release does not contain and does not constitute an offer to sell securities or an invitation or inducement to invest in securities in France, the Netherlands, the United States or any other jurisdiction. The securities referred to herein may not be sold in the United States of America absent registration or an exemption from registration under the US Securities Act of 1933, as amended. The company does not intend to register all or part of an offering of securities in the United States of America or to make a public offering of securities in the United States of America.
CNOVA – ITF – English version